Change can be a wonderful thing when it brings about a positive impact in your life. At Yulu, we are always innovating and coming up with different ways of making the commuting experience easier and more convenient for our amazing community. We have identified some areas of improvement and are changing some policies. To start with, our services are now operational 24/7 so our Yuluites can ride whenever and wherever they want!
Apart from that, we have introduced some new policies in Pune and Bangalore. Read out to find out how this affects your rides:
- Watch out for Yulu Zones: It’s always easier to find things you need when you know where you left them last. To make it easier for Yuluites to find a ride, pick-ups and drops can now only be done from a Yulu Zone. Yulu zones may not have a sign or board, so make sure you check the map in the Yulu app for a Yulu zone close to your destination.
- PAUSE and KEEP to Ride Further: We are now making it much easier for you to run errands and make round trips. You can now make multiple stops within one ride! Simply hit Pause on the app, finish your work and resume riding again. The charges for the Pause duration will remain same as for a ride. You can also KEEP your Yulu bike overnight- Under Yulu KEEP, Pause charges will be Rs 0/- between 6 PM and 9 AM the next morning
- Operational Zones: Yulu services are available only within certain operational zones which are marked in black colour on the Yulu app. Only bikes under Yulu KEEP and PAUSE can be taken outside the Operational Zones but must be dropped off at a Yulu Zone.
*Terms & conditions apply: Non-compliance of our policies will lead to a penalty
For more information, refer to the FAQ section of the Yulu App
With these new policies, we seek to give you a smoother and more seamless Yulu experience.
Now that you know how we roll, why not go for a ride with us?
It is clearly evident in our daily lives that everyone is in a constant rush, as if there is a race against time. Time is the most valuable and expensive asset to each and every person in society. Everyone tries to invest in time to make some profit. But that does not look as simple as it sounds.
Traffic jams really kill a lot of your productive time and keep you waiting in queues for long before you can reach your destination- and by the time you reach a lot of productive time will have already passed by. As the saying goes ‘Once time passes, it never returns.’ One of the main causes of the huge traffic jams in big cities like Bangalore can be said to be the potholes. Those really can create a huge traffic jam with just one vehicle slowing down to pass it resulting in all the vehicles behind to slow down and thus, creating heavy congestion on roads. Another reason can be said to be more number of vehicles on road than there should be, which causes heavy traffic jams more often and results in a lot of time being wasted.
As per the last study conducted by the Transport Corporation of India and IIM Calcutta (2012), India stands to lose almost Rs.60, 000 crores a year due to traffic delays (including fuel wastage) on high-volume highways. And the study speaks of the situation in 2012, and in 2018 the situation has worsened if anything. When you are stuck in traffic jam for long, that automatically kills your working mood and the energy to do some productive work for the day, and that results in losses. Another way of looking at it can be that when an employee is stuck in the traffic for long, they end up reaching the workplace late and that is not well received by the supervisors in the company which ends up with a deduction in salary. The worst part of all this remains the fact that these issues are not just something that happen once in a while but regularly, and most of the citizens can relate to them.
With the various vehicles, cars, buses and trucks the roads are often congested, thus, making it very difficult for the vehicles behind to pass easily. This results in a traffic jam and amidst all these if there happens to be someone trying to overtake a vehicle in front, that turns out to be a nightmare. The vehicles stuck in traffic jam also feed heavily on the petrol and diesel, which are expensive commodities. If you are renting cabs, and get stuck in a traffic jam, it often happens that the cost of journey turns out to be much more than you expect.
From all the above mentioned experiences, we can confidently state that a 10 minute wait in a traffic jam turns out to be very heavy on your pocket. To help bring peace and relieve you of your travelling woes, Yulu promotes cycling as a mode of commute. Cycle your way through heavily congested roads without having to worry much about the traffic. Let nothing stop you from reaching your destination on time and doing something productive with the time bought. The best part is that cycles don’t even burn a hole in your pocket. Try renting a cycle with Yulu at very affordable prices. All that is left for you to do is Scan and rent a cycle using Yulu and pedal the change
As citizens of the 21st century, we surely cannot deny the influence of technology in our daily lives. All we can say that technology is what governs our day to day lives. Let us look into the positive side behind the use of technology and how it has helped in making the world a better place to live. Yulu believes in the same motto of making the world a better place to live without exploiting its resources and creating a healthy environment for everyone. Thus, Yulu holds the hands of various modern technologies to progress towards a better future. Let us brief you about the kinds of technology that Yulu incorporates in its system to understand user needs and help provide better service.
IoT: IoT stands for Internet of Things. Yulu is an app based on IoT technology that allows you to book your bicycles over phone itself. This app promotes the idea of ‘Digital India’, towards which the entire nation is heading. The app helps in saving large expenses on your micro mobility and helps cover it through cycling itself. Renting a Yulu bicycle is very simple. Scan and rent a bicycle using the technology at hand. Yulu makes your ride with bicycles simpler and fun.
Deep Learning: Deep Learning is an aspect where the technology emulates a learning approach that the humans use to gain certain types of Knowledge. In other words, Deep Learning can be thought of as a way to automate predictive analytics. The app predicts the demand and requirements in the market studying various inputs and situations. Thus, Deep learning helps understand where Yulu is needed in the current market studying the traffic and congestion on roads of a particular area.
Machine Learning: Machine Learning is a subset of Artificial intelligence in the field of computer science that often uses statistical techniques to give computers the ability to ‘learn’ with data, without being explicitly programmed. This technology helps Yulu understand where the demand for cycles is more and what hours will the demand rise in a specific area. Thus this technology helps Yulu provide the customers with more cycles for commutation that makes travelling for the customers easier.
Artificial intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the intelligence displayed by the machines in contrast to the intelligence displayed by the humans. The artificial Intelligence helps monitor the vehicles while in use keeping a check on the distance covered by the vehicles. The technology also looks into the digital payment mode for the usage of vehicles such that payment becomes hassle free. The artificial intelligence also protects the cycle from being stolen. The cycles can only be unlocked using the app by scanning the barcode. Thus promoting a digital platform for commutation and revolutionizing the mode of commutation in the country.
Yulu is a very user friendly app that has been brought into the market to help you get rid of your daily traffic woes and make travel fun with the aim of making the environment a better place. So, join hands with Yulu and download our app. Scan and rent our cycles and take a ride with the technology that is powering urban mobility and live the future for yourself!.
At a time when the entire country is protesting against pollution and trying hard to minimize their carbon footprints, Yulu is joining the movement and helping in creating a better world for the people of our society. Yulu believes in a world that is fit and healthy for living and the environment is taken care of. To initiate the process, Yulu is promoting in the market a reasonable, convenient and eco-friendly way of travelling – cycling. Yulu is backed by people who are regularly stuck in traffic for hours and by those who care for an environment that is suitable for a healthy life. To strengthen our bond, let us give you a ride of the four pillars on which Yulu stands.
- Solo: We often go on solo trips to work, college, school or university. 50% of the vehicles on road are used by just one person and we understand it to be one of the reasons for heavy traffic congestion. To help solve this problem, we came up with Yulu cycles – vehicles specially designed for one person to commute.
- Shareable: Yulu understands that the need for fast commute is necessary today. Yulu provides cycles at rent for cheap prices and as long as you ride, it is yours and then you leave it for the next person in line to use it. The mobility is maintained through this feature such that the entire society is able to benefit from our services and not just an individual.
- Sustainable: When the resources in the world are depleting at such a pace it is very necessary to conserve these them and not overuse them in times of crisis. As said, Yulu believes in a healthy environment for the society and to promote the cause we base our project on sustainable sources of energy. Yulu solely uses your energy to power the vehicles and not any kind of non-renewable resources that may cause pollution or contribute to the depletion the remaining resources.
- Scalable: The times when you have to sit for long in traffic and have to put up with the constant honking from the vehicles behind are the worst kind of mood killers. Yulu seeks to help you reach your destination in time and in a good mood. Skip the heavy traffic and congestion on roads and save yourself from the irritation caused by horns by using cycles as means to commute. Yulu is also taking a step forward to eradicate one of the biggest problems – pollution. Yulu cycles promote an environment-friendly way of commuting that does not emit any harmful gases from the vehicle.
Now that you have been given a ride through the four pillars on which Yulu stands, we are sure you would support our cause to build a better tomorrow for everyone. So how about you initiating the change needed in the society by taking a ride with us? All you’ve got to do is scan and rent a cycle using our app and pedal the change.
In today’s date, the vehicles on street are almost always in a hurry. The world has demanded more of motor vehicles on the streets to race against time, and this has ended up causing severe harm to nature and polluting the environment. In times like these, we need an alternative mode of commute that is eco friendly and sustainable.
In an effort to build such a society, a city in Denmark- Copenhagen has taken the initiative to make travel pollution- free. The city of Copenhagen has more cycles than humans. Life in Copenhagen is lived on the seat of a bicycle. Be it rain, sun or snow, the people in Copenhagen never stop themselves from cycling. Even top politicians ride their bikes to the parliament in the city.
Copenhagen is the world’s first cycle city with a ratio of cycles to humans in favour of cycles. It is their way of life and one can experience the local way by jumping onto the saddle. As a visitor you may feel weird about the number of cycles in the city, but with a few days’ time, you will get the hang of it and strive to be a part of the movement. There are a number of hotels in the city that go to the extent of providing the visitors with cycles for rent. They have bicycles provided on rent at very low costs per hour and the service is convenient for the commuters in the city. It helped them preserve natural resources. The second edition of cycles were introduced in the city in the year 2013. These cycles were equipped with GPS technology and also added to it was information for tourists. In today’s date, there are almost 1800 cycles in the market- this is enough to meet the requirements of the city.
Copenhagen has been ranked as the world’s top cycling city for two years in a row. You’ll be surprised to know that almost 1.4 million Kms were cycled every weekday in 2016 in the city. That’s not it. The city has done much more than just introducing cycles in huge numbers. In the city of Copenhagen, there is more than 375 km of cycle tracks. Nine out of ten Danes own a cycle and 44% of all children aged 10-16 usually cycle to school. Cycling accounts for 24% of all commuter trips. Cycling accounts for almost 17% of all trips in Denmark and 4% of the traffic. Dronning Louise’s Bridge has the highest concentration of traffic with almost 50, 000 cyclist daily on the street. Currently, Copenhagen is building even more green routes and bridges to ensure a safe and green transport route for cyclists. Cycle superhighways are already a reality, leading cyclists in and out of the city from as far as 15 kilometers away.
The Danes are well known for their love of cycling and cities all around the world are now looking at ways to replicate this phenomenon. It really is a biking heaven for the cyclists in Copenhagen, but if you are looking forward to cycling in the city you might want to avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours.
Yulu is very much inspired by and proud of the Copenhagen bike culture and wishes to bring the same into the Indian culture to help preserve the environment and solve the heavy traffic congestion on roads. Yulu is making more and more attempts at talking to the government and introducing more cycling lanes in the city. Yulu attempts to introduce technology in our system that would make the biking tradition in our country much more advanced. For now, scan and rent a cycle using the Yulu app and support our initiative to make this society a better place to live in.
If you’re someone who loves thrill, fun and adventure, you should consider cycling, especially with the monsoons right around the corner. Cycling is not just fun, but also an excellent way to lose some weight and a more comfortable means for short distance commute. The monsoons are here, and that should not be a reason to take a step back from cycling. Instead, you should gear up, get out and pedal to challenge the rains. While you’re at it, let us warn you that cycling in the rain is not as smooth and straightforward as it is in regular days. Let that not discourage you for we have the tips that will help you counter the problems of cycling in the rains.
- Check the weather: Before you are all set to hit the streets, it is better to take a look and pay attention to the weather forecast for the day and then calculate the risk you might have to undertake if you cycle in heavy rain. It is better to avoid cycling if there is heavy rain in your area or the weather predictions say that you can expect heavy rainfall soon.
- Stick to familiar roads: Exploring new paths is always fun unless it is the time of rains. You never know when you get stuck or lost in your way towards exploration and to add to that the rains do not help the cause. So, it would be better to keep the explorer within you patient till the monsoon is done with for the year.
- Keep your eyes open: When you are in India, it is always necessary to keep your eyes wide open when you are on the streets and especially more because of the condition of roads in the monsoon season do not help your cause. You always need to look out for the potholes on the streets.
- Have a firm grip on the brakes: When you cycle in the monsoon season it is necessary to keep in mind that the roads might be slippery due to the rains and it is always required to keep the pace in check. While you’re at it, always have a secure grip on the brakes for you will need it very often while you ride in the monsoon season and do remember to hold the brake a little earlier than you usually do as your cycles lose 30% of its braking power due to wet rims and brake pads.
- Carry your raincoat: You might be riding your cycle in the cold weather but you can never trust the monsoon clouds that may bring down rain at any moment of the day. If you’re thinking about carrying an umbrella, we suggest you go for a raincoat instead, as it is very dangerous to use an umbrella while cycling at the same time and the umbrella might not give you much of a support especially with the winds that come along with the rains.
- Be visible: It often happens that when you ride your cycles on the road while it is raining, you or the vehicles in front are not clearly visible to the cars at the back and that may lead to accidents. While the motor vehicles use the indicators, the cyclists need to be very cautious of being visible to the other vehicles and should try keeping to the left side of the road to avoid any form of danger.
- Reduce tire pressure: When the roads are wet, which is most likely in the monsoons, it is very difficult to keep the tires stuck to the ground. The friction is very less between the tire and the tarmac, thus consider reducing the tire pressure a little, and that will give you a bit more control on your cycle and increase the lost traction and make cornering better.
- Keep Safe distance from other cars: As said about the visibility factor in the rains it is always a safe option to keep a bit of distance from the other vehicles. Stick to your own lane, and you might want to avoid overtaking other vehicles especially taking into consideration of the condition of the roads in monsoon.
- Take a buddy along: It is advisable to bring a friend along with you while you go cycling this monsoon. It ensures that there is someone to help you in case of emergencies and why not take a ride with a friend that makes the journey much more interesting.
- Carry your wallet: You might want to carry some cash with you while you ride in the monsoon rains especially. You never know what kind of emergencies may get hold of you in the middle of the journey and the money comes in handy at such a point of time.
Well, follow these tips, and you are all set to go. Yulu provides cycles on rent at very affordable prices to help you reach your destination smoothly beating the rains with the tips mentioned above. Scan and rent a bicycle using the Yulu app and pedal for fun this monsoon.
The benefits of cycling and its various uses are numerous. The pleasure derived from cycling is what everyone needs in today’s date. Everyone is busy with their own lives and it’s often too difficult for one to find space for oneself. It does not end there. The regular congestion on roads, the traffic, and the constant honking put your mood at stake. In times like these we suggest you take up cycling- for it really is the solution to all these problems. Cycling serves as one of the best options for short distance commute and helps you dodge traffic on your way and tackle a bad mood. Yulu has been introduced in the market for people who are health, environment and time conscious and the most beautiful campuses in Pune and Bangalore enjoy its services.
- Adarsh Palm Retreat: Adarsh Palm Retreat is located in Bellandur, Bangalore. The tech Park in Sarjapur Road is home to many top multinational companies like Honeywell, Infosys, Wipro and many more. The tech park covers almost 15000 sq. ft. of land and to travel the entire distance by walking may turn out to be a bit tiring and taking a cab may turn out to be expensive. Cycling here serves as the ideal mode of commute.
- Brigade Tech Park: Brigade Tech Park is located in Whitefield, Bangalore. This tech park is one of the biggest in Bangalore and hosts some reputed companies like Incadea, Qualcomm India Pvt. Ltd, LG CNS, IBS Software Services and many more. The distance between buildings is something around 100 meters and the huge tech park covers a lot of buildings. So if you wish to travel to the end of the tech park, cycling will be your best option.
- Embassy Golf Links: Embassy Golf Links is situated in Domlur, Bangalore and it covers around 65 acres of land, hosting 21 buildings and more than a dozen companies, a five star hotel and many more amenities. This tech park covers a vast area of 4.5 million sq. ft. and holds more than 45k+ employees. So, when the tech park is huge, and the number of employees is also so high in number, you need a means of commute within the tech park that is cheap and helps you get to your destination easily- and that is where cycling comes in handy.
- Cummins College: The Cummins’s College for Women is located in Kothrud, Pune and it is one of the largest college campuses covering a total land area of 11, 422 sp. ft. The distance between the buildings is around 200 meters and it is not very convenient to walk. cycling comes as a savior in these situations.
- New India School: The New India School in Kothrud, Pune accounts for almost 3 lakh sq. ft. of land out of which the buildings cover 1 lakh sq. ft. of land. So, one can easily guess the need for cycles for travelling within the campus. The cycles also serve as a mode of commutate for students who wish to travel to their homes with their friends, having fun or taking a ride together.
These are just a few of the many places where Yulu has extended their wings by providing cycles on rent for commute. Yulu understands the need for cycles in today’s date and values the environment and thus, tries to shift to a more eco-friendly way of travelling. While we have taken the initiative of providing cycles at locations where they are needed, you have to subscribe to our ideas and try our services and see the change for yourself. Currently, we are located in Bangalore and Pune but soon plan on extending our services to all over India. Scan and rent a bicycle with Yulu and Pedal the Change!